Our year Down-Under

07 December, 2007

Climactic Catch-up

Sorry for not posting anything for a while but things here are reaching a climax - or should I say anti-climax - and with that we've had no time to sit, chill and blog.

I have to say that I'm not looking forward to leaving Oz as it really will signify a return to the real world and that's never a good thing. Although I've been working here it's never really felt like work and on my days off the 365 has forced me to stay a tourist and not slump into routine and localism.

In fact I'm now finding a great deal of apathy about being here which is a bad thing as I no longer have the Thailand trip to look forward to and should be using my last days here to their fullest. The 6 months after I get home will involve nothing but interviews, exams, locuming and, worst of all, living with my parents (which I've not done since I was 17) until my flat is no longer rented. All of those things should be inspiring me to new heights of Australian adventure while I still have the chance but alas it's not.

On the topic of new heights, I am doing my skydive today at noon and I'm sure that'll be a kick up my proverbial. Hopefully my next post will be all "gnarly" and "dude" and "totally rad man!"

Perhaps an unfortunate omen for the jump is that I was almost struck by lightning yesterday. Missed by a few metres. Click HERE to see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home