Our year Down-Under

22 May, 2007

Ski Season

Believe it or not, Australia has a few ski resorts. People joke about the quality of the snow but still I think it's better than anything we get in the UK.

The season officially opens in 3 weeks time and already they've been having a few snowfalls - the last one yesterday of 10cm. I small amount I hear you say but with that cold patch there there have been westerly winds and they have dropped the temperature of Sydney dramatically over the last couple of days.

It's still reasonably warm when the sun is out with the temp sitting about 21C but at night it plummets. This sunk home tonight when I left work at midnight and cycled back to the flat. It was 20C when I arrived at work in my shorts and t-shirt and on the way home is was a nostril-hair-freezing 9C (which was probably about 5C with the wind chill factor).

I've not been that cold since I left the UK and within a few minutes I couldn't feel my fingers. I've been putting off buying any new cycling gear as we are supposed to be saving as much as possible but I think I'll have to splash out tomorrow. Cycling in the cold is no fun and trying to type your Blog with numb fingers is even less fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tashy said...

Thredbo rules. Snow a bit mushy but great fun swooshing between the eucalyptus trees. also get to visit highest point in oz land...one for the book! and take cheesey photos and stuff your face with slouvaki yum

Tx

5:28 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home