Our year Down-Under

29 December, 2007

Kris Kross will make ya Jump, Jump!


Howdy folks. I write from the comfort of my living room having survived a second jump from a plane. This time Isla came and despite all the odds she flung herself with wanton abandon out of the back of what can only be described as a bus with wings aptly named the "Sky Van".

The jump was totally different from the last in that there was 13 of us diving out of this flying monstrosity at the same time. Despite a few last minute doubts Isla braced herself and went out the door with minimal fuss. I was the last to go and went straight after her. Unlike my previous jump though I had almost no chat with the instructor and about the only words he said were "Go go go!". No pussy footing around with this chap. There was no "1, 2, 3, Jump!" like my previous tandem just a massive muscular brute called Steve running behind me until we half fell, half tripped out the door.

The effect was incredible though as we did about 3 flips backwards until we got into the flat spin and the sensation was unlike anything I experienced in the last jump. The other major difference is that I could see the ground this time... the whole way down and that put a bit more adrenalin into the mix. Once we were stable we did some cool spins and left-and-right tacks, then I could see Isla just below us. She seemed to be doing fine.

All to soon the shoot opened and then I saw Isla's open as well. As ours was supporting too rather rotund blokes we soared past them and I whistled over to them and we shared some waves.

The landing was less bumpy this time and seconds later Isla landed beside me. Total glee! Do I have a third one in me? Well if I do I think that I'll do the whole course and do a solo jump.

Awesome

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home